Pneumonia

文章bopeep914 » 2009-11-04, 07:16

1.名字:Holly
2.年齡:1個月27天
3.犬種:Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever Mix
4.性別:Female
5.體重:10.91lb
6.病史:
Holly 是五天前我們從 rescuers 領養回來的幼犬。Holly 的母親被救到 labrador rescuers 時已經懷孕。9月6日生下八隻幼犬。Holly是其中一隻。10/26 Foster home 幫八隻幼犬都注射了第一次的疫苗,與晶片。
7.發病經過、症狀:
10/29 Holly 第一天到家時,精神很好,會玩、會喝水、吃Organix乾狗糧泡水(但食量不大)。大便形狀不錯。
10/30 第二天精神也不錯,會玩、會喝水、會吃(吃不多),睡很多。到了晚上有些精神不振。
10/31 早上開始食慾減低,會打嗝。中午我們帶她到家裡後院,會玩,到了晚上,幾乎沒什麼吃,也很少喝水,都在睡覺。打電話給foster mom. 她建議給他喝牛奶與雞湯。晚上,喝了一些牛奶。
11/1 整天都在睡,幾乎沒有吃東西與喝水,體重明顯減輕,呼吸急促,眼睛角膜變紅。下午買營養膏,吃了幾口,晚上有吃一些狗罐頭加乾狗糧(約1/4杯),但依舊不喝水。晚上拉肚子。凌晨時有聽見乾嘔。
11/2 早上腹瀉、嘔吐,一次吐白色泡沫、一次吐前晚未消化的食物。帶去給獸醫檢查。醫生幫Holly 抽血、驗寄生蟲糞便。並注射點滴、打了Antibiotic。給回家後,餵食ID罐頭,只吃一點,完全不喝水。我煮了雞胸肉加白米飯,只吃了約1/8杯。也喝了1/4杯雞湯,吃完會打嗝、乾嘔,精神依舊很差。
晚上帶去ER,驗了Parvo test. Negative. stayed overnight in ER。
11/3 早上去接Holly 後,帶了一袋未注射完的點滴直接前往pet Clinic, 繼續觀察。

兩次驗體溫:都大約102度,檢驗師說沒有發燒。

8.醫師的診斷:
11/2: Pet Clinic: Holly 呼吸有雜音,糞便中有寄生蟲(我尚未確定是何種。G開頭的,我上網查可能是Giardia)
11/2: ER: 看了X光片,肺裡有點水,腸胃有點緊。診斷可能為Pneumonia,醫生說有也可能secondary的原因。
9.醫師的治療方式:
11/2: Pet Clinic: 給Cerenia Tablets & Clavamox,
11/2 ER: Ampicillin injection, Nebulization/coupage, Fluid IV, Treated for pneumonia.
11/3: Pet Clinic: 注射Antibiotic, IV Fluid, warm mist vaporizer.

10.請儘量提供相關檢驗資料、x光片、Video檔:
X光片在Vet 那裡。但是肺跟胃裡有些liquid. 醫生說有可能 liquid 是在肺外面。(我有些不懂)
我等一下要去接Holly 回家,問更清楚後,再上來提供更詳細的檢驗資料。

11.欲詢問醫生之問題:
我早上去ER接Holly時,我發現他精神狀況還是很差,很無力,眼角有白色眼屎(乾與濕),鼻頭乾,鼻孔附近也有淡黃色如鼻涕結疤,
想請問醫生,Holly 若沒有Parvo, 有沒有可能是 Canine Distemper? 已打過第一次疫苗了,而且Foster mom 說其他七隻幼犬都沒有症狀,都好好的。如果真是Pneumonia, 是如何感染?寄生蟲會引起Pneumonia 嗎?
bopeep914

文章: 3
註冊時間: 2009-11-02, 12:36
性別: 未指定

文章Jeff Wang » 2009-11-04, 13:25

I don't know how Holly got the pneumonia because I don't even know what kind of pneumonia he is having. You still cann't rule out the distemper. (Ocular and nasal discharge are also one of the sign distemper) I will run a complete blood test even plus a distemper titer. I don't think giardia will cause such a severe clinical sign. It must be something else. Please provide radiographs and possible blood work to us before we can give you more advice.
If the dog still not eating or drinking, it is not very wise to disconnect IV support.

Jeff
Jeff Wang

文章: 739
註冊時間: 2004-11-04, 10:15
來自: USA

文章bopeep914 » 2009-11-04, 15:31

Dr. Wang, thank you for your prompt reply.

I just brought Holly back from the vet. I didn't get the radiographs from our vet.
But Holly seems getting a lot better.
今天晚上六點和九點,各吃了1/4 杯的雞肉+白飯。而且好像還會餓。喝水也很正常,精神好很多,會跑會跳會玩!
Our vet suggested us put a humidifier in her crate and do the chest coupage to help her clear the mucus.
Also they prescribed us Metronidazole to treat Giardia.

我有問vet是否確定Holly沒有distemper, 但他們並沒有幫Holly做Distemper 的blood test.
他們回答,因為看來Holly有好轉,若幾天後還不舒服,再帶她去看醫生。

我擔心的是,我兩天前發現,Holly肚皮上有一個紅疹(像是內有膿的痘痘),
clinic 的vet說:very interesting...沒有說那是什麼。ER 的vet 說:insect bite. 不是影響holly這次生病的因素。
看來這個紅疹,似乎不是太大的問題。
但回家後,我發現,那個紅疹變紅,而且在生殖器旁又多了一個紅疹。
上網爬文若小狗感染distemper 也有可能會長紅斑。

請問醫師,這個紅疹是否可能跟distemper 有關?如果有,我要趕快再帶Holly去醫生那裡。
Thank you for you advice, Dr. Wang!

Regards,
bopeep in San Diego, CA
您沒有權限檢視這篇文章所附加的檔案。
bopeep914

文章Jeff Wang » 2009-11-10, 13:19

Hi:
Sorry for the late response since I didn't see your reply. Yes, sometime the distemper could cause pustules on skin. However, most of the skin lesion happened on severe clinical cases. It is kind of rare to see a puppy doing ok and only got mild skin lesion caused by distemper. I believed that is why your vet don't think it is a major concern. If you still worry about, you can run a distemper titer test(use antech lab will be better on this test) or post a picture let me take a look. Thank You.

Jeff
Jeff Wang

文章: 739
註冊時間: 2004-11-04, 10:15
來自: USA

文章bopeep914 » 2009-11-11, 05:59

Hi Dr. Wang,

謝謝您百忙中回信。I really appreciate it!

Holly is getting better! (Whew...) Except sneezing/running nose and occasionally cough, she has good appetite and is happy and active.

I've asked the vet about the distemper titer test. She said, since Holly had her distemper vaccine on 10/26, the test result may not accurate.
She suggested us keep Holly on her medication. Watch for green/yellow discharge from her eyes or nose. Make sure her stools are formed.
Take her back for recheck on 11/14. She will take a chest x-ray again to see if the pneumonia has gone. If her lungs were cleared, she will have her second vaccine on the same day.

About her weird "zit", both of the vets in the clinic couldn't tell what that is. The great new is, those zits seem fading away. :)

Once again, Dr. Wang, thank you for your responses and your professional advices. I'm glad I found this website.

Regards,
bopeep
bopeep914

回到 一般內科

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 10 位訪客