各位會員朋友.方便大家聯絡.提升回覆效率
有任何需要諮詢或團購服務的朋友.除私人訊息外.也可透過FB訊息或amy47620@gmail.com聯絡我們
也可加amy姐Line-0930115888.

Possible osteosarcoma - 3 year old male golden retriever 

版主: doggydc, Jeff Wang, JLLinVET, 艾咪

Possible osteosarcoma - 3 year old male golden retriever

文章sue lin » 2017-05-26, 23:19

Dr. Jeff Wang,

My dog is a 3 year old male, neutered golden retriever x lab mix.

A few weeks ago, after my dog played with another dog, I noticed there grew a lump on his right hind leg. At the time, he seemed to be in pain and was limping, and would try to bite me if I touched the lump. A few days later, he stopped limping and now he doesn't mind if I touch it. The lump has stayed relatively the same (maybe decreased a little bit, but hard to tell as I did not take the measurement at the time). It is currently 1.75 inches wide x 2 inches length.

We went to the vet yesterday and took some x-rays. The pictures are attached and also here: imgur.com/a/hy98a. The vet thinks there is a very small chance it is osteosarcoma, but she is not sure and would recommend a biopsy.

Based on your experience, what do you think this diagnosis is and what do you suggest are next steps for us?

Thank you very much.
附加檔案
Mercedes1_v2.jpg
Mercedes1_v2.jpg (231.52 KiB) 被瀏覽 4853 次
Mercedes2.jpg
Mercedes2.jpg (290.51 KiB) 被瀏覽 4853 次
sue lin

文章: 1
註冊時間: 2017-05-26, 20:27
性別: 未指定

Re: Possible osteosarcoma - 3 year old male golden retriever

文章Jeff Wang » 2017-06-01, 13:47

I think next step is to arrange the biopsy. Before the procedure. Run a metastasis check chest radiographs to see any spread out of the growth or not. Of course, a complete blood work is also necessary. Best wishes to you and your precious.
Jeff Wang

文章: 739
註冊時間: 2004-11-04, 10:15
來自: USA
性別: 未指定

回到 骨科

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 7 位訪客