Administrator
Administrator

文章: 14370
圖片: 11
註冊時間: 2004-09-22, 16:57
來自: 台北
性別: 女孩

文章doggydc » 2005-01-07, 18:17

The Knee injury indeed is the most common problem seen in large /giant breed dogs. Due to it anatomic structure(one motion range angle only), the ligaments inside(cruciate ligaments) and around(lateral ligaments) this joint are easy to get damaged. if the damage is minor which only twist or sprain, there is a chance it can heal by itself if dog can have enough rest. The problem is that dog can't control his activity so there is a chance the condition will get worse even the original problem is minor. It is difficult to tell you how long the rest and confine activity required without examination your dog by myself. Most of times, I always recommend at least 2-3 weeks extremely confine activity. I also recommend every owner if you notice your dog has knee or walking problems, please see your dog's doctor as soon as possible to get proper treatment or advise. Please do not wait too long because it may be a minor problem but can become a severe problem if your dog didn't get a proper treatment in time.
Dr. Lee

譯文如下:
膝關節傷害的確是大/巨型犬最常見的問題,這是因為他們的骨骼結構(只有一個移動角度),膝關節的內側韌帶(十字韌帶)以及周圍韌帶(膝蓋韌帶)容易受傷的緣故。如果是輕微扭傷,只要有充分休息,狗狗也許可自行復原,但問題是狗狗無法控制自己的活動力,所以即使是小傷,也有可能會惡化。沒有親自替狗狗做檢查,我很難告訴你應該休息多久或限制行動多久,但我通常會建議至少嚴格限制活動二到三週,我也會建議每個飼主,只要發現狗狗的膝蓋或走路有問題,就應該立刻就醫,尋求適當的治療或諮詢,如果拖得太久,沒讓狗狗獲得即時的治療,小問題也可能會拖成大問題。

美國愛屋動物醫療團隊 李學文醫師
doggydc

文章: 959
註冊時間: 2004-10-04, 16:25
來自: losangeles
性別: 未指定

回到 骨科

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 39 位訪客