各位會員朋友.方便大家聯絡.提升回覆效率
有任何需要諮詢或團購服務的朋友.除私人訊息外.也可透過FB訊息或amy47620@gmail.com聯絡我們
也可加amy姐Line-0930115888.

我的愛女,昨天照了x-ray 

我的愛女,昨天照了x-ray

版主: doggydc, Jeff Wang, JLLinVET, 艾咪

我的愛女,昨天照了x-ray

文章sal » 2005-03-07, 15:56

我金毛愛女現快將9個月大了,昨天帶了她去香港有明的骨科vet照x-ray,發現佢兩後腳都有chd問題,醫生還將底片給了我,想問如果post上來問診呢?
醫生說會將底片send去瑞士問清楚是否適合做手術,因醫生說可以做但有一定困難/難度...! 所以我希望可以在此得到各位的保貴意見。 謝謝!
頭像
sal

文章: 11
註冊時間: 2005-01-18, 18:25
來自: Hong Kong
性別: 未指定

文章Jeff Wang » 2005-03-08, 01:06

Hi Sal:
we need to know how severe of the CHD and how is the clinical sign. Because the radiographs doesn't really equal to the clinical sign. If a dog showed severe CHD on the x-ray film but no limping at all. We still don't recommend to perform total hip replacement on the dog(unless you want the dog to run freely). And, very important, we need to rule out all other orthopedic problems before blame the CHD, because the limping is not necessary from the CHD. I hope you understand.

Jeffrey Wang, DVM, MPH.
Jeff Wang

文章: 739
註冊時間: 2004-11-04, 10:15
來自: USA

文章sal » 2005-03-08, 10:06

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your kindly reply.
I would like to scan that x-ray film and upload here for your consultation, but I dunno how to make it, anyone can give me some idea?

Thanks! Sal
頭像
sal

文章sal » 2005-03-08, 10:18

Jeff Wang 寫:Hi Sal:
we need to know how severe of the CHD and how is the clinical sign. Because the radiographs doesn't really equal to the clinical sign. If a dog showed severe CHD on the x-ray film but no limping at all. We still don't recommend to perform total hip replacement on the dog(unless you want the dog to run freely). And, very important, we need to rule out all other orthopedic problems before blame the CHD, because the limping is not necessary from the CHD. I hope you understand.

Jeffrey Wang, DVM, MPH.

她日常行動其實不是大問題,我現時一星期會帶她1-2次出外,每次約1-2小時,我發現她通常步行約45分鐘後,看到她右後腳是不夠力的, 看來有少少limping! 而她在家中,行動自如,有時還想跳躍及跑,不過我一直都有限制她的運動,如上落sofa,跳躍及跑,盡量令她的hip及後腳受的壓力最少! 現時,我有給她服食有葡萄糖酸的supplement及止痛的藥物,就係這些藥物,令她情況improve了,她跳躍及跑的動作都是自服食上到藥物之後才出現。我都明白有chd問題的狗狗不一定要做手術,及明白手術都不一定100%可能治癒她的問題,我都好想她可以run freely,但我想得到更多數據及評估,她是否真的適合手術,及現時她的問題,假如不動手術,日後她會有甚麼後遺症;如動手術,日後她又會有甚麼後遺症呢? 單靠藥物治療,又有沒有甚麼長遠的side effect呢? 其實她的哥哥都是和我們一起住的,但哥哥看來一切正常! 我們又是否需要留意一下好哥哥的骨骼問題呢?

謝謝!
頭像
sal

文章Jeff Wang » 2005-03-08, 12:33

Please give me the standard OFA radiograph and one lateral view. If you can give me a video file on the walking will be very helpful. According your description, the dog has excercise intolerance. Use the loading dose of the chondroproctive agent should help a lot. Don't use pain reliever unless needed. I will give you better recommendation after I see the files. If you had question summiting the files, you can ask Amy for help. Base on pur experience, the long term use of the chondropretective agents did not show adverse side effect. Actually, I am taking similar thing for human, too.
About the surgery, no matter how good our surgical team are. We still can not guarantee it will be risk free. Please go look on the medical information section. You can get more useful info there.

Jeffrey Wang, DVM MPH.
Jeff Wang

文章sal » 2005-03-08, 13:07

Thanks Jeff, I will try my best to upload a video and OFA radiograph asap! give me a bit time to do so!

Once again, Thanks for your commend and Amy's email!
頭像
sal

文章Jeff Wang » 2005-03-09, 07:43

Hi Sal:
Forgot to answer the question about your dog's brother. I believe this male one is also on high risk of CHD since the littermate got this genetic problem. I will recommend you to bring the male to take x-ray for screening then we know what to do next.

Jeff Wang DVM MPH.

PS. You can write with Chinese, I can read it. I just do not know how to enter Chinese. Thank You.
Jeff Wang

回到 骨科

誰在線上

正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 23 位訪客