布麻
頭像
*布麻*

文章: 223
圖片: 1
註冊時間: 2005-01-14, 14:42
性別: 未指定

文章Jeff Wang » 2005-04-23, 01:39

1. There is no evidence that spaying a dog will create a hormone change that would effect a fungal condition of the skin.
2. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding when your vet explained the spay procedure. Pyomtra is a condition of pus accumulation in the uterus, during the traditional spay procedure the uterus is removed along with the overies, therefor eleminating the possibility of the dog contracting pyomtra. However if the overies alone are removed and the uterus remains the possibility of pyomtra still exsits. In regards to mammary gland tumors, if the dog is spay before the first heat the chance of developing such a tumor is 1 in 200 compaired to an intact female (keeping in mind that not all intact female dogs will develope mammary gland tumors so the odds are even less than 0.5%). If the dog was spayed after the 1st heat but before 1 year of age then the chance of mammary gland tumor is closer to 8% compaired to an intact female. The chance of developing a mammary gland tumor in a dog that was spay after becoming fully grown is still inconculsive. Some documentation reports that there is no difference, however, in my practice if I see an intact female with mammary gland tumor(s) I always recommend to have the dog spayed. The reasoning behind this is to remove the overies that produce the female hormons in order to stop the hormon stimulation of the mammary gland tissue. I hope that you find this information helpful.

Jeffrey Wang DVM MPH.
Jeff Wang

文章: 739
註冊時間: 2004-11-04, 10:15
來自: USA

文章小莫麻 » 2005-04-29, 09:29

譯文如下】
1. 沒有任何證據顯示結紮會造成荷爾蒙改變,導致皮膚長黴菌。
2. 可能是醫師在解釋結紮手術時有誤解。子宮蓄膿症是膿在子宮內累積的現象,傳統結紮手術會把卵巢和子宮一起切除,因此讓狗狗不會罹患子宮蓄膿症。然而如果只有切除卵巢,子宮還留著,就還是有可能得到子宮蓄膿症。至於乳腺癌,如果狗狗在第一次月經來之前就結紮,和沒動手術的母狗比起來,罹患乳腺癌的機會是1:200(請記得不是所有沒結紮的母狗都會得乳腺癌,其機率小於0.5%)。如果狗狗已經有過第一次月經,但仍在1歲之前結紮,和沒結紮的母狗比起來,罹患機率將近8%。關於發情後才結紮的母狗,其罹患乳腺癌的機率仍無定論,有些文獻指出其中並無差別,但是在臨床上,如果看到沒結紮的母狗得到乳腺癌,我都會建議結紮,因為把分泌荷爾蒙的子宮切除,就可避免荷爾蒙刺激乳房組織。希望這些資訊對你有幫助。

美國愛屋動物醫院 王勢爵醫師 答覆
頭像
小莫麻

文章: 79
圖片: 3
註冊時間: 2004-10-02, 01:22
來自: 小莫麻

文章*布麻* » 2005-04-29, 11:38

謝謝 王醫師的詳細解說,
謝謝 小莫麻 百忙中還要抽空 幫我們做翻譯,
真的真的很感謝!!~ :lol: